Job Title: Information Technology Applications Support Officer – BRAC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: BRAC Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Information Technology Applications Manager
BRAC Uganda Profile:
BRAC Uganda Bank Ltd launched on 25 April 2019 and attained its current status as a Tier II Credit institution following a successful background as the leading Microfinances services provider in Uganda. The bank operates 32 regulated branches and 131 satellite offices covering 84 districts in Uganda targeting Micro, Small. and Medium Entrepreneurs. BRAC Uganda Bank Ltd promotes financial inclusion by extending financial services to unserved and underserved populations. especially women and youth as well as people living in poverty in rural areas. The Bank is operationally and financially self-sustaining with over 231,000 active customers and a loan book in excess of Ushs.175 billion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in database designs and update and amend existing databases
- Monitor database performance, availability and efficiency
- Create complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted
- Support users and maintain databases by identifying and solving database requirements.
- Perform data backups and other data recovery and resilience procedures such as database replication and restoration of data.
- Maintain database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements and promoting process improvement.
- Perform System End of day, End of Month and End of Year for Core Banking System and related channels.
- Set up, test and support new databases and data handling systems like a data warehouse that will support Brac’s business intelligence (BI) and analytic system requirements.
- Escalate and support vendors while troubleshooting escalated issues.
- Support backend 1 frontend troubleshooting of end of day and normal operation of core banking system and other applications / channels.
- Follow the change control process to perform low risk data operations required to resolve open incidents that may not be resolved by users front-end.
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- At least one year experience in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of Orbit-R Core Banking System is desirable
- Proven experience to handle pressure and work under stress in emergencies
- Experience in Designing, Developing and deploy CBS reports using Crystal report tool.
- Banking experience or awareness of the banks products, services and business
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn core banking application, Infrastructure components and other technologies.
- Relational database management skills
- Strong knowledge of Technical
- Infrastructure and its interdependencies
- Good knowledge of application infrastructure and its interdependencies
How To Apply for BRAC Uganda Jobs 2022
All Interested candidates should email their application letter, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic documents, IN PDF FILE mentioning the job tittle as the subject matter to [email protected]
All applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource and Training brac Uganda Bank Limited. Note: Please consider yourself unsuccessful if you do not here from us within 01 month
Closing Date: 9th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.