Job Title: Accountant – Blue Cross Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Blue Cross Uganda
Duty Station: Head Office
Reports to: Country Director
Blue Cross Uganda Profile:
In many countries, the harmful use of alcohol and drugs hinder sustainable social and economic development. People live in precarious conditions in need, unemployment and without perspective. International Blue Cross is therefore committed to reducing the negative impact of alcohol and drug use worldwide and to enabling a constructive coexistence in societies – free of violence, oppression and addiction-related diseases! From Switzerland to the Faroe Islands, from Congo to Brazil – since 1886, IBC has been committed to those who live on the margins of society and seek to alleviate their hardship.
As a non-governmental umbrella organisation, IBC coordinates the activities of nearly 40 affiliated member organisations in 37 countries. They form a network that helps people on four continents lead an addictive-free life.
As a global health organisation, IBC also implements international development cooperation programmes in line with the United Nations 2030 Agenda. Programme activities include alcohol and drug prevention, treatment and counselling as well as international policy advice and lobbying.
Since 2013, IBC implements programmes with local partners in the Republic of Chad, the Republic of the Congo and Togo.
More than 1,000 social workers, prevention experts and other professionals around the world under the Blue Cross flag care for people with alcohol and drug problems – and those at risk.
The accountant will support the organization’s finance and administration management ensuring the organization meets her financial and administration obligation for effective and prudent financial performance and management of the organization. To provide strategic and operational accounting support to Blue Cross Uganda in accordance with the best practices, rules and regulations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Planning and analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- An understanding of financial statements preparations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Problem-solving skills
Key result Areas
- Providing timely and accurate statutory, management, donor, budgeting and budget performance reports.
- Review accounting transactions in line with BCU accounting policies and procedures and statutory requirements.
- Preparation of month-end adjustments and reconciliations of payables, receivables, prepayments and provisions.
- Maintenance of an updated fixed assets register.
- Preparation of the payroll.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements
- Review all payments and check for accuracy of payment information.
- Take lead for the support and preparation for external audits
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration.
- CPA level 1 is a must
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an NGO setting
- Knowledge of Online QuickBooks is a plus
How To Apply for Blue Cross Uganda Jobs 2022
Please Address Your Application Letter To The Country Director.
Hard copy applications shall be delivered at the reception from March 7th , 2022, Plot 99 Complex, Stretcher Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing Date: 14th March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug