Deadline: 1st August 2016
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Blood Donor Recruitment Manager and Regional Program Manager
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Blood Donor Counsellor will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective implementation of blood donor counselling activities in the operational area. The incumbent will be responsible for the generation of proposals/ plans, implementation of BDR program plans and dissemination of quality information on blood donation and general URCS information in accordance with the URCS standards and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work towards the achievement of overall goals of the URCS through effective managerial and lateral relations
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relations and accountabilities
- Actively participate in the preparation and implementation of the annual BDR program work plan and budgets.
- Provide counseling services to blood donors in a timely and confidential manner in close collaboration with UBTS
- Work closely with Branch Managers, Community counselors and volunteers to strengthen blood donor clubs and club 25 in the catchment area
- Initiate, develop and implement new blood donor motivation and retention strategies
- Develop and strengthen a referral system for blood donors in collaboration with partner organizations
- Develop resource mobilization initiatives to support BDR motivation and retention strategies
- Ensure timely submission of regional data and activity reports and accountabilities on quarterly and annual basis
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Counseling, Health Science, Nursing, Education and related experience is required.
- Specific training in Health Education, Counselling, Crisis intervention, will be an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience in a hospital, laboratory, or sexually transmitted disease clinic setting with at least one year of counseling experience.
- Knowledge of group dynamics, customer care techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Applications
- Working with blood donation program will be of added advantage
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: [email protected] or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.