Job Title: 2 Health Information System Officers – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Mbale, Kapchorwa Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Development of the project health information systems and ensuring its running smoothly. Supporting the cluster offices in maintaining eHealth systems across all Baylor supported sites.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development/set up of the project health information systems
- Work closely with the M&E teams to ensure that project teams, CBOs, and District staff have the right skills to use eHealth systems including UGANDA EMR, Point of Care, OVC Tracker, KP/PP Tracker and Community databases among others are well running smoothly.
- Build the capacity of project teams and health workers in the use of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) technologies for data capture and spatial technologies for spatial data capture and analysis to guide programming for geographical areas with the highest-burden.
- Work with the M&E team to conduct quality checks on the system to ensure the systems are functioning as intended, and program needs are being met.
- Liaising with technology partners to ensure program requirements are translated into useful tools.
- Supporting the M&E team and the facility MRAs in trouble shooting system challenges and IT related challenges.
- Carry out point of care installations for all facilities/sites supported by Baylor Uganda.
- Support the cluster team in troubleshooting software and hardware challenges at their cluster offices.
- Liaise with the main IT office to strengthen network, communications and other IT services provision at cluster offices like email, CUG, IT security, HRIS, procurement systems, finance systems.
- Degree in Computer Science or related course. Experience in managing and troubleshooting UGANDAEMR (OPENMRS), LAN, Servers, computers, and Information systems are added advantage. 2 years of Experience in supporting eHealth systems.
- 2 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.