British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Deployment Assistant to join our team in Kampala.
Our new colleague will support the implementation of consumer/trade engagement activities within the market in line with the agreed cycle plan and marketing/brand strategy. He/she will also provide appropriate support to the trade team within the approved budget that will ensure markets achieve the set business targets in terms of volume, GDB’s share, portfolio strategy, adult shopper marketing & Customer engagement Programmes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Operations/ Professional/ Business
- Plan, Implement and evaluate the activities stipulated in the cycle plan to ensure that marketing objectives are achieved.
- Plan and Execute all marketing activities in line with market and brand strategy, market regulation and international marketing principles (IMP)
- Recommend touchpoints for the execution of the activities. Ensure markets have the right level of merchandising materials in stock.
- Timely briefing to the Brand team on brand initiatives to achieve volume target, move the consumers along the consumer disposition funnel and enhance the brand health indicators.
- Drive implementation of Customer engagement programmes, ensure programmes meet objectives & are evaluated for learning’s.
- Manage the merchandising store and the implementation of the merchandising strategy (development, deployment, maintenance and evaluation).
- Constant monitoring and reporting of brand support expenditure & non brand support expenditure to ensure activities are within budget set.
- Monitor all other resources allocated to implement cycle plan to ensure efficiency in execution.
- Actively participate to effective meeting forecast process by supporting the Head of Trade
- Proactively take leadership for own development by ensuring Performance Objectives for the year are set, Career plan updated and individual training being carried out.
- Drive the above market way of working to ensure timely execution of plans.
- Assist to identify, initiate, manage and develop new product and packaging projects, to satisfy consumer needs so as to contribute to future corporate growth and profit objectives
- Contribute to create a climate which encourages innovation and creativity.
- Understand market needs on merchandising, through visits and interaction, and translate it into actionable opportunities.
Handle liaison with Deployment teams & Trade teams to ensure the cycle plan is effectively executed.
Develop excellent relationship with support functions such as marketing finance, LEX, procurement and supply chain to ensure plans are delivered to end markets.
Regular contact and ongoing management of the external agencies; including Globally approved Suppliers
Market/customer visits to gaining an insight into brand performance, trade & consumer activities performance and new POP Materials requirements / opportunities.
Regular contact in conjunction with Head of Trade with Area Deployment, Area TMD & Area Planning and Insights to gather feedback & drive new initiatives.
- Recommend innovative way of communicating to consumers and having trade engagement within the market in order to achieve competitive advantage.
- Assist in the development of new generation of POP materials.
- Recommend customizations in market and process improvement while driving a more for less culture in managing brand support expenditure Spend.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- University Degree in either Marketing or Management
- 2-4 years experience in Marketing, with knowledge in Brand/Trade marketing Activities (Cycle Planning, Advertising and Promotion)
- Computer literate and well versed with all Microsoft Office Packages
- Project Management skills will be an advantage
How To Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post by clicking on “Apply Now” Button below to Start Their Application.