Organisation: Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes Uganda Jobs: The SSA IGNITE Graduate Internship Program is designed to give recent college/university graduates challenging work assignments, developmental feedback, and exposure to leadership. Spanning a duration of 12 months only, the program combines hands-on experience with formal performance feedback to help participants transition from a collegial environment to the workplace.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com
The Services Support Intern will be responsible for:
- Support and perform Administrative and related tasks being assigned by Business manager throughout the sub-Sahara region
- Provides the leaders and field operations staff with administrative support such as coordinating site mobilization schedules, making appointments and establishing agendas.
- Assist in procuring and sourcing of service tools and materials for field service and track tool calibrations and RMA operations and following up with vendors to ensure tight deadlines are met with full alignment with local sourcing teams
- Follow up with procurement and vendors on internal service orders for tools and materials needed for operations
- Keep track of inventories of training and work-related tools, ensure they are available and sent out for calibrations when required
- Support in SAP transactions: booking, revenue recognition, analysis and other SAP transactions
- Learn and utilize software associated with assigned tasks
- Report weekly/monthly activities & Operational Metrics
- Organize and attend Services meetings and take minutes
- Prepares various presentations, reports, statistical charts and Operational Metrics reports for Management review
- Assist on process/system improvement projects and documentation
As a valuable member of our team, SSA IGNITE interns will receive many benefits including:
- Challenging work assignments
- Exposure to a multinational company
- Developmental feedback
- Opportunities to network with Leaders and other interns
- Recent college/university graduate with no more than 1-1.5 years’ work experience
- Authorized to work in country full-time and without restriction
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- Must have an advanced to fluent level of English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated team player
- Confident self-starter who has demonstrated drive
- Excellent organization skills, ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change
How to apply;
Interested graduates should submit their applications online via the link below;
Click here to apply