Job Title: Accountant – Avolio Industries Jobs 2021
Organization: Avolio Industries Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Partner
Avolio Industries Limited Profile
Avolio Industries Limited is an Avocado Oil Plant based in Uganda. The work environment is fast paced & challenging.
To prepare and process payments based on approved documents and bank reconciliation statements at end of the month and post accounting transactions accordingly. As our workforce grows, we need an experienced & diligent Accountant to be at the helm!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Posts Cash Books for various AVOLIO INDUSTRIES LIMITED Accounts.
- Passes payments before and after vouchers have been written ensuring all supporting documents and right calculations are done.
- Maintains the AVOLIO INDUSTRIES LIMITED Asset Register and ensures that it is updated as and when new assets are procured including allocation of engrave numbers.
- Reviews payments to be processed and posted on IFMS including staff salaries to ensure accuracy of transactions made.
- Ensures compliance with all statutory deductions like NSSF, WHT and PAYE submission by crosschecking authenticity of all supporting documents submitted and their accuracy.
- Ensures that all accountabilities for payments made are attached to their vouchers for compliance purposes.
- Receives and banks all cash and cheques in-touched
- Liaises with both internal and external suppliers to collect receipts of acknowledgement of funds paid out for services offered and goods supplied
- Crosschecks payment vouchers to ensure they are stamped after payments have been made as a control to avoid double payments.
- Generates reports on Non-Tax Revenue collections on weekly, monthly basis and also on spot reporting on request.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the High Authority of the company.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelors Degree in Accounting And Finance
- At least 2-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Proven integrity and confidentiality in handling company’s resources and in executing duties
- A high level of interpersonal, management skills and ability to work with teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadline.
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
- Professionalism with QuickBooks or Tally and financial statements
Nice to Have
- Corporate and personal tax experience is a plus
- Experience with accounts payable and receivable is preferred
- Experience with audits, budget creation, and expense reports strongly preferred
How To Apply for Avolio Industries Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified candidates should submit a TYPED cover letter, a detailed CV, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of three work related referees all in one PDF document addressed to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Plot 500, Kazinga, Namanve Industrial Area, P.O. Box 103986,Kampala, Uganda.
Kindly send your application to the email [email protected] as soon as possible.
We appreciate your application however; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted within one week of the closing date, we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.