Job Title: Communications and M&E Assistant – Avocats Sans Frontières Jobs 2021
Organization: Avocats Sans Frontières (ASF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Uganda office
Avocats Sans Frontieres (ASF) Profile:
Avocats Sans Frontières (ASF) is a development aid non-governmental organization whose work focuses on giving access to justice and protecting the fundamental rights of all people with a focus on most marginalized groups.
The Communications Assistant will assist with the execution of the communications strategy of the organization, visibility of all projects, operational support, and monitoring and evaluation for Uganda programmes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support project teams in the production and dissemination of timely communication materials in coordination with the communications department at HQ
- Support project teams in ensuring visibility and timely communication of project activities and interventions.
- Assist with coordination and preparation of events and activities for projects
- Assist with maintenance and update of communication agendas for Uganda programmes
- Management of social media accounts in view of supporting the organization’s visibility.
- Other communication tasks when the need arise
Monitoring and Evaluation support
- Support monitoring of data collection and overall data management processes such as encoding, storing, and transfer of data from databases
- Compiling indicators for each project and regularly updating the indicator scoresheets
- Assisting the M&E Officer in internal and external capacity-building sessions and training to strengthen monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Supporting development and preparation of M&E reports resulting from reflection and quarterly meetings
- Supporting with logistics, partner coordination, and reporting
- Supporting focal points in activity implementation, tasks, and deliverable tracking
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field. Qualifications in M&E are an added advantage.
- At least two years of experience in M&E and/or communications in a similar role preferably with an NGO
- Experience in basic logistics and administration
- Full proficiency with social media technologies
- IT: High level of computer literacy (Advanced Excel, Word, etc)
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and multitasking capacity
- Desire to take on new challenges
- Motivation to integrate a multicultural and international organization
How To Apply for Avocats Sans Frontières Jobs 2021
All interested applicants should send a Cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic transcripts; three reachable references, and salary expectations. Applications must be addressed by email to [email protected] copying [email protected] with the reference Communications and M&E Assistant in the subject heading.
Deadline: 5th November 2021 at 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.