Job Title: Communications Assistant – ASARECA Jobs 2022
Organization: Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Technical Communications and knowledge Management Officer
Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA) Profile
The Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA) is a subregional mot-for-profit intergovernmental organization comprising 14 member countries, namely: Burundi, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
ASARECA brings together researchers from the national agricultural research, extension and education institutions, the private sector, and other strategic partners, including Development partners to generate, share and promote Technologies, Innovations and Management Practices (TIMPs) to solve common challenges facing agriculture in the sub-region.
ASARECA is strategically positioned to perform higher level facilitative, supportive, coordination and advocacy roles to enhance sustainable agricultural transformation and economic growth in Eastern and Central Africa (ECA). ASARECA’s operations are structured into four thematic areas as per the ten-year ASARECA Strategy and Results Framework (A-SRF: 2019-2028).
These include: (i) Transformative Capacity Strengthening and Integration; (ii) Agricultural Transformation Technologies and Innovations; (iii) Enabling Policy Environment. Functional Markets and Transformative Institutions; and (iv) Knowledge and Information Management.
The Communications Assistant will support the Technical
Communications Officer to disseminate knowledge and
information and publicize ASARECA work among target
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The position is available as a support role to the
communications function. It is aimed at boosting the
timeliness and efficiency of corporate communication.
1) Actively engage in the coverage of key corporate functions,
including participation in corporate events with the view to
capture knowledge and develop various products for
2) Originate story ideas, write news articles, features, briefs and
other relevant genres for circulation to partners and other
stakeholders, as well as for use in ASARECA multimedia
3) Support improvement of ASARECA social media platforms
such as Twitter, You Tube and Linked-In; and suggest areas of
improvement and periodically monitor and conduct analytics
of the performance of the various platforms.
4) Facilitate capacity strengthening of ASARECA staff in
developing knowledge products including briefs, articles and
other relevant forms; and in the use of social media to
disseminate research outputs.
5) Identify opportunities for content development and publicity
by closely working with program staff and ASARECA
partners, especially the NARIS, to create publicity and
visibility for ASARECA.
6) Take photos, undertake videography, and develop bite-size
videos, and photo products on ASARECA work and within
the AR4D discourse in the region.
7) Support ASARECA online meetings, conferences, seminars, including setting up meeting links, onboarding translation services, managing meeting break-out sessions and capture of live interactions.
8) Coordinate media interviews and follow up on news stories
9) Support initiatives to grow ASAREACA membership
including initiating subscription drives; compiling lists of
ASARECA stakeholders; regularly harvesting contacts from
Programme staff; group emails; meeting forms; and
completing them for inclusion into ASARECA mailing lists.
10) Scanning the AR4D environment to spot events that
ASARECA may contribute to or participate in and compiling
the events details for inclusion in ASAREC events pages.
Minimum Qualifications for ASARECA Jobs 2022
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or Public Relations
Experience and other considerations
- Previous experience of at least one year in handling similar tasks.
- Ability and passion to engage in writing in various forms and for diverse audiences.
- Possess good working knowledge of at least one of the two ASARECA working languages (English and French).
- Respect for diversity and a willingness to work in a multicultural environment.
- Must be ready to work under hard conditions where circumstances dictate,
How To Apply for ASARECA Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: August 4, 2022, 16:00hrs EAT
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.