Job Title: Finance Intern – ARC Uganda Jobs 2019
Organisation: American Refugee Committee (ARC International)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer
About American Refugee Committee (ARC International):
The American Refugee Committee (ARC International) is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that provides humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries around the world.
ARC Uganda Jobs 2019: The Finance Intern will be supporting the finance department from time to time as may be requested to ensure value for money in all transactions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Cheque and Cash Payment vouchers for all approved payment requests to recipients.
- Record all payments and receipts into a spreadsheet and verify their correctness against the hard copies.
- Prepare petty cash expenditure worksheets together with the hard copies to the Senior Finance Officer for replenishment whenever the petty cash reaches 2,100,000 UGX minimum.
- Participate in all compliance audits to be conducted by retrieving the necessary support documents.
- Ensure that all payment vouchers are adequately backed up based on the ARC Uganda minimum supporting documents requirement policy.
- Report to the Senior Finance Officer all anomalies in implementing ARC internal Control policies
- Support the Country Finance Coordinator in the absence of the Senior Finance Officer.
- Perform daily filling of financial documents following ARC filling system and policy.
- Stamp all payment support documents and verify references assigned to documentations prior to filling.
- Ensure that the filling system is clearly understood and strictly followed to prevent loss or misplacement of document.
- Scan end of month reconciliations and all intercompany payment vouchers. Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the American Refugee Committee (ARC International) Finance Intern job must hold a degree in Business, Finance or accounting or any other related field.
- One year of experience of working in a Finance department in a busy working environment.
- Experience in the Cashier duties and related tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Trustworthy with high level of integrity.
- Proven organizational skills with ability to multitask under tight deadlines
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit a one-page Cover letter, an updated CV (max. 3 pages) and Names, Titles and Contacts of three professional referees, to include your current or recent employer/supervisor – via email (ONLY) to [email protected] with the POSITION applied for clearly indicated in the subject line.
NB: However due to urgency to fill this position, applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15th August 2019 by 5:00pm