Job Title: Communications Associate – AMwA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Communications Coordinator
Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA) Profile:
Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA) is a Pan-African Feminist and Transformational Leadership Development Organization with a mission of strengthening the individual and collective leadership of African women, forming strategic partnerships, to tackle patriarchy and attain gender equality and women’s empowerment for a just and secure Africa.
Always on a quest to tell the story of AMwA and all its constituencies in compelling and creative ways that speak to the organisation’s feminist and Pan-African identity; we are looking to hire a Communications Associate as part of our Communications Department.
The Communications Associate will play a supporting role in fulfilling the communications objectives of each one of our three programmes, namely: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights; Economic Justice and Climate Action; and Women’s Political Leadership. The Associate supports and drives institutional communication for the organization including digital marketing and content creation, and pursues visibility for the organization in a manner consistent with feminist values.
The Associate will report to the Communications Coordinator; who in turn reports to the Head of Programmes.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Social Sciences, Political Science, Gender, Law, or any other relevant discipline.
- Three years of experience in a similar position of development work, communicating and advocating for the rights of women and girls in their diversity.
- Evidence of thought leadership through writing blogs, papers, opinion pieces, etc, and
- engagement in panel discussions is strongly desired.
- Demonstrable experience developing and implementing successful communications and
- advocacy campaigns at any level.
- Evidence of transdisciplinary knowledge in AMwA’s thematic areas of work; Women’s
- Political Leadership, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, and Economic Justice
- and Climate Action or a demonstration of interest and eagerness to learn.
- Knowledge of digital communications including social media.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior writing skills and
- public speaking.
- Ability to organize and work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in English.
- Great photography and graphic designing skills are a plus.
How To Apply for AMwA Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates who meet the above criteria are advised to apply. Young feminists, nonbinary and transgender persons, as well as persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, and writing samples via email with the subject line “Communications Associate” to: [email protected]
Deadline: 16th January, 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.