Job Title: Finance Assistant – ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ALIGHT Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Ref No FA/05/2022
Salary Scale: 1,000,000 – 1,100,000
Alight Uganda Profile
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for proper recording, coding, and documentation to ensure value for money in all financial transactions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that data required for donor reporting is recorded and adequately captured on the vouchers by donor, fund codes and chart of accounts. Discuss any coding errors with CFC or FM before capturing them in the cash book.
- Performing daily cashier duties: Receives, pays out petty cash (UGX & USD), makes payments for approved purchases, receives and holds receipts and/or advance documents: reconciles daily cash disbursements.
- Preparing bank payment vouchers for all approved voucher payments to recipients.
- Initiation of batches online for fully approved bank payment vouchers.
- Record all bank payments with missing receipts into spreadsheet and share with Operations/Procurement department to collect receipts from suppliers after every month closure.
- Ensure compliance with ALIGHT and donors procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure all payment documents for proper and adequate back up based on the ALIGHT Uganda minimum supporting documents requirement policy.
- Ensure timely capturing of all encumbrances/commitments at both Country Office and Field levels.
- Report to the supervisor all anomalies in implementing ALIGHT internal control policies
- Contributes significantly to the ongoing process of continuous improvement of the financial management system and the internal control.
Treasury control and verification
- Carry out weekly cash counts and at the end of each month. All cash counts should be documented.
- Liaison with bank on all banking issues.
- Unless approved by CFM or CD otherwise, ensure that EFT payments are issued for any time a payment request exceeds the petty cash threshold of UGX 350,000 before payment.
- Ensure that cash advance paid out are resolved within the set time flame
- Review of Field –based financial Data
- Ensure that field offices Petty cash replenishment is timely done.
- Re-check all vouchers’ reference and filling
- Ensuring that receipts are attached for all payment vouchers made from the Field.
- Donor Reporting
- Ensure data required for donor reporting is recorded and adequately captured on the vouchers by donor, fund codes and Chart of accounts. Discuss any coding errors with FM before capturing them in the cash book.
- Assist the department during Project Specific/Global annual Audits.
- Perform daily filling of financial documents following Alight’s filling system and policy
- Verify references assigned to documentations prior to filling
- Make sure that filling system is clearly understood and strictly followed to prevent loss or misplacement of documents
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting and Finance or any other related field.
- At least two years of experience working in a finance department in a busy organization.
- Computer Skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel)
- Proven organizational skills and multitask under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills.
- High level of integrity and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain good ethical and confidentiality standards.
How To Apply for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply through the link below.
Deadline: 12th May 2022 at 5: 00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.