Job Title: Driver – ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ALIGHT Uganda
Duty Station: Kyaka II, Kyangwali & Rwamwanja, Uganda
Alight Uganda Profile
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Job Summary for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022:
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Driver for our program in Uganda to be based at Kyaka II (1 position), Kyangwali (1 position) and Rwamwanja (1 position). You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Operations Officer, the Driver will be responsible for driving and maintaining ALIGHT vehicles within and outside the respective locations as per technical guidance and specifications established by the organization.
– Distribution Store, the Stores Assistant – Distribution Store will ensure proper Store management in line with ALIGHT Inventory policy requirements, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), supervise loading and offloading of goods, and manage all stores related documentation.
Roles and Responsibilities for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022:
- To drive the assigned vehicle according to ALIGHT’s Vehicle/Driver Policy.
- To keep himself updated on the security situation of the area where he is asked to drive to
- Prepare the vehicle in good time before departure (the day before), make sure the right equipment needed for the specified location, toolkit, fuel tanks full etc. are available in the vehicle.
- Collect and bring needed documents such as Delivery Dockets, Parcels, Documentations, Files, etc.
- Responsible for carrying at all times necessary documents, updated (driving license, passport, car documents, maps, etc.).
- The driver must follow and respect all traffic and road safety rules and regulations while driving.
- Adapts his speed according to road conditions and follow ALIGHT approved speed limits for the different road terrains.
- Responsible for the safety of staff and goods carried goods (safely stored and tightened, weight balanced).
- Load and offload his vehicle as required.
- He is to drive and master his vehicle in a safe and controlled manner in order to avoid accidents.
- Drive assigned vehicle in safe manner and on movement schedules as directed by tour supervisor.
- Drive organizational vehicles in strict adherence to the laws governing road safety for other motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and passengers.
- Maintain assigned vehicle in good working condition through daily routine checks on battery, water, oil, lighting, etc.
- Keeps assigned vehicle full of fuel, oil, water and other lubricants, and account to your supervisor for onward reporting.
- Keep and maintain records of motor vehicle Log Book.
- Prepare fuel accountabilities (photo copying fuel receipts, tracking sheets, reconciliation log sheets and monthly fuel consumption reports)
- Wash, clean and make the vehicle tidy for use.
- Make weekly vehicle inspection checklists, or where necessary instant, reports to your supervisor regarding mechanical status of the allocated vehicle.
- Assist in identifying and carrying out minor motor vehicle repairs.
- Keep charge of the motor vehicle accessories kept in the allocated vehicle.
- Assist program staff in program activities whenever necessary.
- Must ensure that any authorized non-staff using ALIGHT vehicles sign the Limit of Liability Form before and after each trip.
- He/she is to show respect and courtesy towards other drivers and road users.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
- Ordinary Level Education certificate
- Certificate in Defensive Driving
- Must hold a valid driving license with class B, DL, CM, CH and at least 5 years driving experience with a reputable organisation.
- Experience in working with multi-cultural environments
How To Apply for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply through the link below.
Deadline: 16th August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.