Job Title: 7 Bus and Truck Drivers – AIRD Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD)
Duty Station: Uganda
African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD) Profile
African Initiatives for Relief and Development (AIRD) is a non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and IDPs in Africa in partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
Transportation of items, persons and General Maintenance of the vehicle.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performing the daily checks on the truck/bus assigned to him/her including, but not limited to, headlights, warning lights, type condition and pressure, fuel level, lubricants.
- Reporting any technical failure, missing items or damage on any of the Project trucks/ Buses to the Logistics Officer.
- Reporting to the operations/fleet Manager if any truck/ bus is due for service or needs fuel/lubricants.
- Ensuring the truck is properly cleaned during and after every mission and participating in the work to do so.
- Daily updating the truck/ bus logbook and ensuring that every journey is properly recorded.
- Handing over the updated truck logbook to the operations/fleet Manager for checking after every mission.
- Ensuring that fuel issued to their respective vehicles is properly used and controlled.
- Ensuring that all required documents are present and in good order (i.e. copies of logbooks, road license, insurance, driver’s license).
- Assisting the Operations/fleet Manager in the keeping of computerized records in the transport department as may be required.
- Ensuring the vehicle always has a correctly functioning fire extinguisher and a properly equipped first aid kit.
- Ensuring that he knows how to operate the fire extinguisher and what steps to take to offer first aid in the event of an accident.
- Always considering the safety of him/herself and his passengers and goods as a priority.
- Making use of reliable information and sound judgment concerning safe routes and proper timing while on mission.
- Parking the truck at the warehouse compound upon arrival in Kampala, unless senior Project management has issued specific differing instructions.
- Ensuring that he/she respects traffic rules and regulations, and acts as a polite and well-behaved driver in regard to the other traffic and road users.
- At least 4-6 years’ working experience in similar position with some years spent in an NGO.
- Ability to drive long distances within and outside the country.
- Ability to read and write.
- Flexibility in working patterns and able to work for long hours, and away from duty station when the need arises.
- Acceptable communication skills with a patient character are an asset.
- Valid driving permit for classes for buses, trucks and trailers is a must.
- A valid PSV badge is a must for candidates interested in Bus driving.
- Experience in left hand drive is desirable.
- Knowledge of defensive driving is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of honesty and Integrity
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to work in any part of the country
How To Apply for AIRD Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 20th June 2022 at 05:30 PM
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.