Job Title: 3 Internal Auditors – Agri Exim Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Agri Exim Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Manager Finance & Accounts
Agri Exim Limited Profile:
Agri Exim Limited is a supplier of certified organic commodities sourced globally. The rich diversity in our supply chain enables us to deliver both small and large orders customized on multiple, physical and chemical parameters.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a flexible audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management, and submit that plan to the Management and relevant audit committee for review and approval.
- Implement the audit plan, as approved, including, as appropriate, any special tasks or projects requested by management and the audit committee; and report periodically on the status and results of the audit plan and the adequacy of resources allotted to the function.
- Determine whether the risk management, control, and governance processes within institution, as designed and represented by managements, are adequate and functioning
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control and risk management processes by the company
- Undertake financial, operational, administrative and information technology audits, for company programs and projects.
- Undertake review of systems of internal controls maintained by the company to safeguard financial and physical assets and making recommendations to correct any weaknesses
- Provide consulting and advisory services, beyond internal auditing assurance services, to assist management in meeting its objectives; and, maintain a quality assurance program by which the function assures the operation of internal auditing activities
- Evaluate and assess significant new services, processes, operations, and controls
- Liaise with the external auditors as appropriate, for the purpose of providing optimal audit coverage of the company
- Review and report to management on significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the company, including potential improvements to those processes
- Undertake such other activities deemed to be in conformity with the Institute of Internal Auditors standards for the professional practice of internal auditing
- Carry out special audits and investigations as may be required by the audit committee and/ or management in case fraudulent activity is suspected
- Carry out value for money audits to ensure that resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, deployed effectively and adequately protected; in achieving plans and objectives in operations, programs and program support
- Follow up on the implementation of external audit recommendations
- Follow up on the implementation of internal audit recommendations and continuous monitoring of the control environment
- Prepare reports to Audit Committee
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risk through effective implementation and monitoring of controls
- Manage resources and audit assignments
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to management and/or risk committee
- Overall supervision of planned annual audits
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related subject.
- At least three years of experience, one year relevant experience as an Internal, risk and fraud auditor
- Knowledge of accounting packages such as Tally & SAP
- Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and various regional statutory requirements and their application
- Ability to implement performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback, rewarding desirable behaviours and providing support to professional development efforts linked to strategic objectives
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, data base, spreadsheets, accounting packages, email, internet and the workflow process
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences
- Strong communication and presentation skills including ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant publications
- Risk management and audit processes
- General fraud prevention strategies
- Problem solving and analysis
- Computer literacy
- Team player
- Ability to project and uphold Independence of mind
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and self-drive for high quality performance
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
How To Apply for Agri Exim Uganda Jobs 2022
All applicants should send their updated CVs and application letter to [email protected]
Closing Date: 13th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.