Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Communication Volunteer – African Prisons Project Uganda Jobs
Organization: African Prisons Project (APP)
Full or Part-time: Commitment of roughly five to thirty-five hours per week over a twelve-month period Context
About African Prisons Project (APP)
African Prisons Project Uganda Jobs: African Prisons Project (APP) is a prison-centred, Humanitarian Non-Governmental Organisation operational in Uganda and Kenya with headquarters in London. We seek the positive transformation of inmates and to bring dignity and hope to those who live or work within prison communities. Our vision is to empower changemakers within prisons – prisoners and prisoner staff – who will use the law to bring justice to some of the world’s most vulnerable, through our Justice Changemaker Programme.
Communications Intern Mission:
To ensure the timely production and publication of photogenic visuals and regular, well-written articles and accurate reports regarding our Justice Changemaker and other programmatic work in Uganda, this work to be undertaken in conjunction with colleagues in Uganda, Kenya and the United Kingdom.
To foster and maintain cordial and professional working relationships with key stakeholders, the public and members of the media such that our overall work is both promoted and appreciated.
– To collect and collate data required to populate the Monthly Report.
– To write up the Monthly Report (due attention paid to punctuation, grammar and accuracy) and deliver the same by email to the Communications Officer.
– To conduct and write up interviews of Inmates, APP Staff, Prison Staff, Key Stateholders and the public concerning prison issues.
– To write feature articles for the APP Newsletter.
– To photograph compelling scenes that best encapsulate the work and ethos of APP.
Skills and Qualifications:
– University degree (obtained or in process), higher education or relevant professional
experience, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Videography or Photography, Film Studies, Film Making, English Literature, Media or any other relevant subject.
– Highly proficient in English. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish or any other major language an asset.
– Rigour, proactivity, autonomy.
– Interest in improving the welfare of prisoners and professionalism of prison officers.
How to apply:
CV and short cover letter should be sent by email to [email protected].
Deadline: 7th May 2019