Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer – African Mushroom Growers Jobs 2022
Organization: African Mushroom Growers Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
African Mushroom Growers Uganda Limited Profile
African Mushroom Growers Uganda Limited is the leading mushroom producer in Uganda located in Makindye, Kampala. We produce Mushrooms and add value to them by producing other products such as Wines, Powders, Jelly’s, among others.
We are hiring a Finance and Administration Officer who will be responsible for leading, managing, tracking and reporting on financial management and tracking of activities for African Mushroom Growers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and process all accounting transactions such as disbursement, cash receipts, journal entries and advances;
- Ensure timely submission of monthly requests, reconciliations and financial statement reports;
- Maintain accurate bank records of cash withdrawals and deposits;
- Ensure efficient payments and disbursements according to approved policy and procedures;
- Provide administrative, logistical, and procurement support to the team, including payment to events participants, transportation and accommodation arrangements, and ongoing operations;
- Follow up on issues raised by the Finance and Grants Teams to ensure compliance and resolution;
- Other duties related to logistics and procurement, as assigned by the Program Director;
- Assist activities managers with compiling, managing, monitoring, and tracking budget (e.g. organizing invoices, checks, & other financials) and preparing financial/funding reports, when deemed necessary;
- Work with the program team to ensure budget compliance;
- Ensure proper function of logistical operations including travel & events organization;
- Ensure proper function of archive and documentation system;
- Ensure maintenance of up-to-date register of assets;
- Lead interactions with external vendors;
- The applicant must hold a Diploma/ Degree in accounting, finance and administration, or a related degree;
- Two years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent excel and Microsoft office skills is a must, especially for functions relevant to financial management and accounting;
- Knowledge of Quick Books will be considered an asset;
- Must be conversant with financial and accounting terminology;
- Excellent communication skills in English language;
- Good time management skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment;
- Superb customer service skills – must be able to work effectively with colleagues from diverse cultural; backgrounds and technical expertise;
- Must be dynamic and take initiative;
- Must be a team player;
- The position is open to Ugandan nationals only.
NB: Female candidates aged between 25 to 35 are asked to apply. The candidate should be residing in Makindye or near by.
How To Apply for African Mushroom Growers Jobs 2022
Apply by sending your Cover letter, CV and Driving Permit embedded into one document to [email protected]. The email subject should be the tittle of the job position you are applying for.
You can also apply by physically delivering your application in an enclosed envelope containing your Cover letter, CV and Driving Permit to our office, physical address at African Mushroom Growers, Plot 234 Luvuma Rd, Luvuma Zone, Makindye Kampala, Phone: 0708382114.
Note: Please consider your application unsuccessful if we do not get back to you by 17th February 2022.
Deadline: 10th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.