Job Title: Front Desk Officer – PEAS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Atomic Energy Council (AEC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Atomic Energy Council (AEC) Profile:
The Atomic Energy Council (AEC) is a government statutory body established by the Atomic Energy Act No.24 of 2008, Laws of Uganda to regulate the peaceful applications of ionizing radiation for the protection and safety of the individuals, society and the environment from dangers resulting from ionizing radiation.
The Front Desk Officer will represent Atomic Energy Council in dealing with customers through handling front-facing duties including interacting with customers over the phone, in person, and/or via email. A high level of professionalism must be maintained.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Promote a good image of AEC through efficient Front Desk services.
- Receive and direct visitors and clients to the people and offices they desire to see or go to.
- Receive and manage telephone calls and/ or mails and provide required information or direct the calls and/or mails to the right receptacy.
- Receive and disseminate correspondences, suggestions, messages and other information to the relevant offices.
- Respond to enquiries that come in form of telephone queries and physical inquiries courteously.
- Create and maintain a front desk log/record book of all visitors and clients by recording their relevant basic data.
- Listen to client complaints or concerns and work to resolve their issues through the right channels.
- Communicate with clients about their experiences at Atomic Energy Council and submit periodic reports about the same.
- Call clients to pick their licenses/permits/certificates of registration.
- Identify and assess clients’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication with clients.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the front desk.
- Maintain an up-to-date staff directory to assist in making immediate contact with them whenever needed internally or externally by visitors or clients as occasion may serve.
- Maintain staff attendance register.
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Office Administration, International Relations & Diplomacy, Hospitality Management, Marketing, Public Relations or any other related field from a recognized university.
- A bachelor’s degree (honours) with second class upper and above in the same field will be an added advantage.
- At least two (02) years of experience in customer service management, desk office management, Hospitality Management, Public Relations or a related field with a reputable organization.
- Proven customer service experience
- Very good telephone etiquette
- Excellent and effective communication skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- Confident, articulate, cordial with a pleasant personality
- Conflict resolution capabilities
- Positive Attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Computer literacy in different programs
- Age: 25-35 years
How To Apply for AEC Uganda Jobs 2021:
Interested applicants should send an application letter, CV with at least three referees, copies of your certified academic certificates & transcripts and testimonials, photocopy of the national identity card to [email protected] or Hand deliver to;
Atomic Energy Council,
Plot 29/33, Amber House,
Address the letter to;
The Secretary & Chief Executive Officer,
Atomic Energy Council,
Plot 29/33 Amber House, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7044,
Deadline: Friday 22nd January 2021.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.