Duty station: Arua, Uganda
Oversee and administer contract management and its filing relevant to the office management such as lease contracts.
Uganda is currently hosting the third largest refugee population in Africa and with the ongoing conflict in South Sudan more people are seeking refuge in Uganda every day. After the most recent outbreak of violence in early July 2016 over 70.000 people have crossed the border, a number likely to double until the end of this year. Malteser International has been working in Uganda since 1996, with projects in several regions of the country. In Northern Uganda and more specifically in the West Nile region, MI is active in the WASH sector in Rhino Camp for improving the lives of both the host population as well as the refugee population.
For its work in Arua, Uganda, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Administrative Assistant
- Office management and ensuring necessary supplies in close coordination with the logistician
- Oversee and administer contract management and its filing relevant to the office management such as lease contracts, maintenance contracts, phone lines, internet etc.
- Preparing cash books, monthly closure, cash requests and other financial documentation as per Malteser guidelines and donor standards in close collaboration with the Country Office in Kampala
- All administration and correspondence related to bank issues in Arua, including cash withdrawal and preparation of salary payments to local staff
- Compiling overviews concerning project relevant dates and requirements (e.g reports, expenditures) Implement Malteser standards in the field of procurement requests and procurement
- Preparing official correspondence in coordination with the PM
- University degree in (Public/Business) Administration, social sciences or any other related field
- Preferably knowledge and experience in development or emergency work
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant working experience
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
- Ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office) and good working knowledge of ITC Technologies
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), Kiswahili, German, French of advantage
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration of contract: 12 months
Salary: According to qualification and experience, insurance package
Please note that this is an unaccompanied position
Kindly note that this a national position with a local contract
How to apply:
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) online. Please note, this position is subject to final approval by the donor.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online here.
Deadline: September 7th, 2016.