Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job details: Project Name: PEPFAR Safe Work, Life Skills and Market Connections to Decrease HIV Risk for Young Women (SKY) Project
Mercy Corps is an International non-profit organization that has been operating in Uganda since 2006 and works to catalyze change makers within the Ugandan private sector, civil society and government to create economically dynamic, healthy and secure communities. Our works focus on building resilience and enable economic growth, improve opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improved governance and conflict management. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
About PEPFAR SKY Program:
Mercy Corps received funding for a two-year PEPFAR DREAMS program, Cultivating Safe Work, Life Skills and Market Connections to Decrease HIV Risk for Young Women (SKY) seeking to address the growing rate of HIV/AIDS among young women (ages 19 -24) who engage in transactional sex in the Gulu, Lira and Oyam Districts. SKY will reduce 4,500 young women’s reliance on transactional sex by providing them the skills, confidence and connections needed to achieve steady employment.
Job Summary: The Administration/Operations Officer will be responsible for providing oversight to the management of human resources and administrative support for Mercy Corps programming; Assist in the achievement of MC program objectives with the facilitation of recruitment, orientation, management of staff database, office supply, staff travel and accommodation, and general administration issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• The incumbent will facilitate the smooth flowing of routine, administrative and operations work of the Mercy Corps office and program support operations;
• Understand all MC policies and program needs; help facilitate trainings to all support staff to ensure the smooth, uninterrupted implementation of all MC programs;
• Enforce adherence to Mercy Corps administrative, IT, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by support staff;
• Responsible for the smooth running of the following office functions: Reception of visitors, photocopies and mail services, telephones;
• Manage the procurement functions for the MC office (Gulu, Lira, Oyam – TBD);
• The Administration/Operations Officer will maintain and manage Petty Cash for the office;
• Prepare duty roster for the cleaners, as well as managing any security or driver staff; day to day supervision of property management including cleaners and office maintenance. Ensure the office and compound are clean and maintained at a routine schedule;
•Responsible for maintaining supply of all admin documents and making them available for all MC SKY staff in maintaining a central filing system;
• Responsible for maintaining all administrative notice boards – keeping them updated, clean and neat in appearance;
• In charge of maintaining contact sheet for SKY – ensuring all contact details are updated and distributed to MC staff and other MC Offices;
• In charge of maintaining office supply records and ensuring that stock records are properly maintained and updated;
• Offer support in the collection of monthly timesheets for processing of payroll;
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Job application procedure
All prospective Ugandans who wish to join Mercy Corps are encouraged to send their applications via email including a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates to [email protected] addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Kampala Head Office on 4th Floor Embassy Plaza, Plot 1188-1190 Ggaba Road.
Deadline of this Job: 17th October, 2016