Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager (Administration jobs Uganda 2017)
Administration jobs Uganda 2017: GOAL is an equal opportunity employer. GOAL is committed to the safety and protection of children in our care from intentional and unintentional harm. Candidates will therefore be expected to comply with GOAL Uganda’s child protection policy.
Administration jobs Uganda 2017: GOAL leads a Consortium with Mercy Corps, VSO and Restless Development to implement the Driving Youth-led New Agribusiness and Microenterprise (DYNAMIC) program in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation.
Administration jobs Uganda 2017: DYNAMIC is a five-year program (2015-2020) that aims to increase the employment, self-employment, income and resilience of youth aged 15-24 by promoting effective and efficient agricultural market systems for and with youth.
GOAL is seeking to fill the Position of Finance and Administration Officer to support the DYNAMIC program.
Reports to: Financial Accountant
Contract Period: 1 year renewable based on satisfactory performance.
General Description of the Role:
To provide and strengthen financial, logistical and administrative support within the GOAL Lira office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Month-end Reporting: Ensure that cashbook is timely and accurately updated by the finance assistant, signed safe count sheets and cashbook submitted to Kampala finance on the last working day of the month. Collect bank statements on the first working day of the month and submitted to Kampala finance. Ensure that Fixed Assets ( FA) check is performed by working day three and monthly cashbook accountability submitted to Kampala by working day five
- Budgeting: Provide support to the Programme Manager and project managers to create accurate and realistic annual project, equipment and core cost budgets
- Monthly rolling budgets: Provide assistance to the programme manager and individual project managers where applicable to review and update monthly Budget Monitoring Tools (BMT), to submit the reviewed BMTs in line with agreed deadlines.
- Reporting: Provide timely and accurate weekly and monthly financial reports to the Financial Accountant/Assistant Financial Controller/Financial Controller.
- Liaising with Finance in Kampala as necessary
- Liaise with banks on any financial related matters
- Support the organisation in ongoing risk management at a field level and to support the fulfilment of the GOAL Uganda finance plan objectives
- To attend monthly stock counts on behalf of finance department
- Supervise the work of Logistics Assistant
- Check and review all the PRFs before forwarding to Finance Officer in Kampala for payment.
- Ensure that monthly fund request is sent to Kampala by the end of the month for the coming period
Personnel and administration
- Act as HR focal person for the programme
- Submit a monthly summary leave report (Annual, sick, study, etc.) each month to the programme manager, ensure that all leave is adequately authorised and planned.
- Ensure all new staff have signed their contracts of employment and copies of all relevant HR documents are kept up-to-date in the Kalongo HR files while original are sent to the Kampala files in line with HR guidance
- Ensure all documents concerning personnel are confidentially and properly filed
- Ensure that all payslips are appropriately authorised, delivered to staff with staff acknowledging receipt and storing the electronic copies confidentially
- Ensure that 100% timesheets are filed on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all staff have completed all performance appraisals
- Ensure that all staff are appropriately inducted in line with HR guidance
Essential experience/Attitudes/Behaviours Required
- A qualified or part-qualified accountant (Chartered, Certified or Management)
- Excellent written and spoken English, outgoing personality with excellent communication and training skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a remote areas.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word and if possible
- Have knowledge of sage is a desirable or similar package.
- Previous NGO experience is desirable but not essential
- Able to embrace our core values of Integrity, Respect, Efficiency, Accountability, Commitment and Team spirit
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications which must include at least 4 reference contacts (2 professional, 2 character references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer), and daytime contact number to;
The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda: [email protected]
Deadline: 7th March 2017.
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.