Job Title: Climate Resilience Coordinator – ActionAid Uganda Jobs 2022
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programmes & Fundraising Manager with Matrix Management by a Member of the Global Climate Justice Programme
ActionAid is an international Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid Uganda’s mission is to achieve social Justice, gender equality, and poverty eradication by working with people living in extreme poverty and exclusion, their communities, people’s organizations, activists, social movements and their supporters.
Provide Support to Young people especially those facing marginalization or fragility have harnessed their collective power to hold governments to account for their commitments in national, regional and global level decision-making spaces to promote financing for and investments in climate change adaptation and mitigation, including local sustainable alternatives; as well as the specific long term objective: Young people and their allies identify and promote best practice-based youth-relevant alternatives in national, regional, and global spaces to mobilize investments): Develop policy positions on issues related to AADK’s global climate justice programme. This might include primary and secondary research; Co-ordinate research and policy development by others, including other AA staff and external consultants: Contribute to fundraising efforts of the global programme and AA member work
Roles and responsibilities:
International research and case study development 50%
- Leading the organisation’s work on documenting alternatives to current harmful energy and agricultural production methods, in close co-operation with ActionAid country offices and local partners.
International and regional Advocacy 15%
- Developing advocacy strategies on how to influence e.g. public, private and institutional investors to move investments from harmful fossil fuels and agribusiness towards more sustainable alternatives.
- Engaging with a range of investors to shift investments from harmful fossil fuels and agribusiness towards more sustainable alternatives.
International Capacity building 15%
- Working to build the capacity of AA offices and partners around the world to engage on the issues covered in the global climate justice programme
National priorities 20%
- Lead on climate justice processes as per the role overview.
- The ideal candidate must have at least five years of relevant experience
- Ability to take initiative and work independently to co-ordinate research processes
- Knowledge of climate issues from an intersectional feminist and justice perspective
- Knowledge of agroecology and land use from a justice perspective
- Experience of leading advocacy work in an NGO setting
- Experience of primary and field research including in vulnerable communities Working knowledge of French, Portuguese or Arabic would be an advantage Experience of working in partnerships and networks
- Experience in capacity building and knowledge sharing
- Commitment to feminist leadership and team work
- Clear comfort and aptitude for cross-cultural working
- Experience of creating, articulating and implementing a vision and solutions for effective team working across a diverse group of stakeholders.
How To Apply for ActionAid Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates shall submit their applications (Cover letter, CV, and certified academic documents) STRICTLY only by email to [email protected]
Closing Date: 12th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.