Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Agronomist – Action Against Hunger Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Action Against Hunger Uganda
Duty Station: Adjumani
Action Against Hunger Uganda Profile
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 6,500 staff in over 45 countries, our programs reached 14.9 million people in 2015.
About the Programme Action Against Hunger began its work in Uganda since 1980 in response to famine conditions in the Karamoja Region where we saved the lives of undernourished children while building the capacities of the community. We have been continuously operating in Uganda for the last 22 years delivering interventions in nutrition, WASH and Food Security and Livelihoods. For the last three years and with the same aim of saving lives and empowering the community, we have been working in the Northern part of Uganda to save lives of refugees and host communities while providing long term solutions to hunger. We are currently operating in and around Kyangwali, Yumbe, Adjumani and Kiryandongo refugee settlements. Some of the major donors we have worked with include but not omitted to, ECHO, DFID, SIDA, WFP, UNCICEF, EUTF and French Embassy.
We are looking for a highly qualified Agronomist who will implement Food security and livelihoods related activities under UBS foundation in Adjumani Refugee settlements and surrounding host communities. He/she will be the direct interface between action Against Hunger and the beneficiaries. The agronomist is responsible for identification and verification of program beneficiaries, facilitation of household action planning, program monitoring, and deliver trainings to beneficiaries, monitor beneficiary knowledge and skills uptake. S/he will foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in General Agriculture, Agricultural Extension, or any related field with at least 2 year related work experience.
• Practical experience in successful agricultural related projects with a strong background in agro ecology
• Knowledge in agronomy, Participatory training methodologies
• Previous work with a busy multi-sectoral setting/programming and refugee setting is desirable.
• Strong communication skills (written and oral) in English and Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage
• Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations
• Excellent reporting skills with good oral and written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit.
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
All applicants must attach a cover letter and an updated resume in one file attachment (Word or PDF) mentioning the position and location in the subject line.
Deadline: 2nd April 2021 at 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.