Job Title: Finance Assistant – Action Against Hunger Jobs 2022
Organization: Action Against Hunger
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Finance
Action Against Hunger Profile
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $75 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in in the various country offices, Head Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
The Finance Assistant will support the finance team in filing and document management and retention, facilitate audits, support the team in operational responsibilities as called upon, assets management etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Ensure the classification and filling of the mission accountancy documents
- Maintain all finance documents in the appropriate folders and ensure that the classification and filling is made as per the ACF guidelines.
- After the monthly accountancy closure check the accounting codes, the project codes and the budget codes and make corrections accordingly
- Develop an archiving strategy for guidance on document placement
Receive field monthly accountancy, verify physical presence and review the quality of field accountancy documents.
- Receive and verify the eligibility of invoices submitted for payment from the field bases and establish a connection between their saga database, documents and physical counting
- Report any missing documents and dubious documents to the Asst. Finance Coordinator
- Responsible for making follow-ups on missing documents with the respective Base Admin
- Tracks and document all invoices received in finance.
Manage filing, document retrieval and retention
- Ensure that all project files and other finance files are clearly labelled
- Ensure all finance documents are scanned and soft copies properly stored and maintained.
- Retrieve any documents when required
- Maintain and IN/OUT document register
- Responsible for making follow-ups on documents taken out of the files
- Work with logistics in maintaining an updated asset register for all the bases and the consolidated register.
- Facilitate project, donor and mission audits.
- Support general finance administration duties and operations e.g. preparation of documents, taking minutes, preparing reports, coordinating meetings etc.
Minimum Qualifications for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2022
- The applicant must hold an advanced university diploma in Business Administration, finance or other related field
- At least three years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in developing and maintaining filing systems and processes
- Experience in supporting office administration roles.
- Fluency in English
- Humanitarian/development industry experience
- Able to work effectively in a multi-sectoral organization requiring strong communication, planning & organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to deploy into bases when required.
How To Apply for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2022
All candidates should apply online at the link below. All applicants must attach a cover letter and an updated CV as one document (Word or PDF).
NB: Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18th March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.