Job Title: 2 Finance Officers – Action Against Hunger Jobs 2022
Organization: Action Against Hunger
Duty Station: Uganda
Action Against Hunger Profile
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $75 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in in the various country offices, Head Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
To be responsible for finance and ensure respect and proper implementation of rules, regulations and procedures at Kampala and base level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for bank book accountancy in Capital
- Ensure to use accounting software in finance department
- Provide support to the cashier for financial record keeping
- Upload field accountancy in capital accounting software
- Maintain good relation with external (bank, tax office, legal office, audit firm….)
- Provide financial/accounting training to the finance staff
- Provide accounting feedback to HQ
Monthly invoices (quality checking):
- Check the quality of monthly invoices from Capital/bases.
- Ensure all supporting documents (PR, SPO, invoice, delivery/reception note, etc…) are attach with invoice;
- Ensure proper financial code are presents on the payment authorization form
- Check all information (date, name of the supplier, unit cost, total cost, total amount, paid amount in word, etc….) are available on the invoice.
- Confirm original invoice are paste on A4 size white paper.
- Collect monthly accountancy both soft copy and hard copy from bases
- Ensure good description write in accountancy/saga
- Check correct accounting code and budget line are captured in each invoice
- Ensure back-up (scan copy of invoices) from bases each month
- Check hard copy of invoices are matching with soft copy
- Prepare monthly quality invoice checking template share the summary report to the bases
- Pre-audit financial document of each project at the end of the project
- Take lead of internal and external audit
Back up for Field Finance
- Continue support to the field team in terms of quality accountancy
- Provide physical back to the field office during base finance leave/absent
- Organized field visit once in two months in each base
- Follow up Tax, NSSF deposit
- Monthly Accountancies bundle
- Quality of invoices (monthly invoice checking)
- Pre-audit for all grants
- Other reports as necessary
Minimum Qualifications for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2022
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration or a related discipline
- At least two years of previous experience in an NGO, preferably in a similar role.
- Substantial knowledge of SAGA accounting software
- Knowledge of financial procedures expected.
- Excellent management skills (implementation of donor rules in finance department).
- Demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting gender equality within the
- Ability to train and follow up teams.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Autonomous and able to take initiative.
- Able to set own deadlines and meet them.
- Fluent English;
- Professional computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, internet, and email.
How To Apply for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 18th July 2022 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.