Job Title: Finance Assistant – ACTED Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ACTED Uganda
ACTED Uganda Profile:
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination. ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 38 countries worldwide. ACTED sectors of intervention include emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion.
The Finance Assistant will be tasked with ensuring transparent and compliant with ACTED Uganda Procedures management of payments cash or otherwise, good filing and document tracking. Assisting the Finance Department with internal reports (TITANIC) as we well as supporting field and capital teams with tasks related to finance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Excel Kampala Cashbook entries according to ACTED Standard Entry Grid
- Responsible for cross check of allocation as per purchase order.
- Responsible for accounting codes accuracy in cash/bank books and payment vouchers according to ACTED Standard entry grid.
- Preparing on monthly basis loan/advance book and send it to FM for check by 15th of the month.
- Preparing the bank reconciliation monthly and share it with the FM and CFM.
Cash and Bank
- Responsible for petty cash box payment, check payment and bank payment initiation
- Responsible for daily cash counts.
- Responsible for preparation of weekly and monthly cash counts for Finance Manager’s approval (Cash Checking Statement).
- Responsible for payment execution at capital level (according to ACTED payment procedures) i.e. statutory and all other payments (PAYE, NSSF, etc.).
- Responsible for preparing payment voucher for approval by Finance Manager
- Responsible for checking of all finance vouchers for Kampala
- Responsible for photocopying the finance voucher and labelling as per ACTED standards
- Responsible for follow up and filling of voucher on monthly basis
- Labelling and filling all vouchers at capital level
- Responsible for document retrieval and Red Cell Game by the 10th of every month
- Make sure all documents are coded and filed as per ACTED guidelines and uploaded in the cloud regularly (digitalization process).
- Responsible for the Contract follow up (CFU) on a daily basis and share monthly
- Responsible for the Debt follow up (DFU) on a daily basis and share monthly
- Responsible for initial updating and submitting the PRATIC report to SFO on 5th of every month
- Perform any other task assigned by the manager
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours etc).
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
- A deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
- Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Keen to detail and accuracy required and willing to learn
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
How To Apply for ACTED Uganda Jobs 2021:
All candidates should submit applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work-related referees and contacts to [email protected] and received with the subject line “Application for Finance Assistant”
Note that applications sent without this exact subject line will not be shortlisted.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Deadline: 27th January 2021 by 5:00pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.