Job Title: No Experience Driver – Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Abt Associates Uganda
Duty Station: Northern Uganda
Abt Associates Uganda Profile:
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
USAID’s Integrated Community Agriculture and Nutrition Activity (ICAN) is USAID/Uganda’s flagship resilience project, awarded in July 2018. The Activity goal is to enhance the resilience of vulnerable households in the eight districts of Kanungu, Kisoro, Rukungiri (Kigezi sub-region); Gulu, Lamwo, Nwoya (Acholi sub-region); Kaabong and Kotido (Karamoja sub-region) in the Karamoja region.
The overall objective of the project is to sustainably enhance the resilience of vulnerable households in its area of operation by maximizing economic opportunities for vulnerable households, stabilizing their access to and consumption of diverse and nutritious diets and increase social capital by reinforcing relationships among formal governance systems and communities.
The Driver will be responsible for the transportation of project staff, equipment, and material required in the implementation of project activities.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites within Karamoja, and throughout the project implementation area for project activities, including official site visits.
- Transport project equipment, materials, supplies and documents to project sites
- Maintain up-to-date record-keeping systems for vehicle issues including fuel, mileage, and trip logs.
- Ensure that the vehicle usage log is updated on a daily basis and submitted on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly fuel consumption report is submitted as required
- Ensure regular maintenance of the vehicle, and the fluids (water, oil, fuel, washer liquid, etc.) levels are at required levels
- Report any apparent malfunction to the supervisor
- Report any damage or accident to the supervisor immediately
- Ensure that the vehicle is safely parked and locked when not in use
- Maintain project vehicle, including keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, repairs and cleaning.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel, and tyres, maps, and conducting safety and security inspection prior to driving.
- Perform project routine business around the province, such as receiving and delivering official project documentation to and from the regional office, general office purchasing, and photocopying.
- Support project workshop activities
- Support the purchase of basic cleaning and kitchen supplies and assist in the purchase of other project authorized items.
- Perform relevant general service activities such as the collection of proforma, processing customs duty clearances and tax exemptions, as directed.
- Make arrangements for repairs, maintenance, and improvements to the office, as requested by the project management.
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence, and perform other local errands.
- Other duties as assigned by Abt Associates Inc.
0-1 Years of experience
Other Prerequisites/Preferred Qualifications
- Secondary schooling desirable
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Knowledge of car mechanics and repair
- At least one year of experience in driving a vehicle; preferably for a USAID or other donor project
- Working knowledge of written and oral English
- Basic computer knowledge
- Willingness to drive on missions throughout the country
How To Apply for Abt Associates Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Click here to apply
Closing Date: Open until the link is unavailable
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.