Job Title: Universal Banker – Absa Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Absa Group Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala.
Absa Group Uganda Profile:
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Dispense and receive physical cash, cheques, travellers cheques, drafts and other financial instruments over the counter to walk in customers
- Process and encash cheques presented by customers for deposit or pay-out after checking identification, account details and other prescribed controls. Be vigilant for fraudulent or suspicious activities and report all concerns to the team leader or branch manager before processing the transaction or dispensing the cash
- Adherence to policies especially when handling with cheques, notes, ID’s, etc, under the ID Buddy to prevent fraud.
- Refer any transactions in excess of teller mandate limits to a mandated official and / or line manager for authorisation
- Capture all transactions on the Bank system and ensure that all transactions are properly authorised before finalising the processing
- Carefully count all cash received or dispensed to ensure that errors are avoided by making use of the applicable cash counting equipment in your branch
- Reconcile own cash at the beginning and end of each day as well as when cash is restocked during the day. Prepare reconciliation reports for audit and management review purposes Ensure that journals are processed to recover charges for manual transactions processed for customers
- Ensure adherence to the SARB minimum requirements | Customer Service: Provide advice to customers on the cash and other transactions processes to ensure the smooth flow of transactions
- The ideal applicant for the Absa Group Limited Universal Banker should hold relevant qualifications
- Banking Knowledge (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
- Business Improvement Orientation (Meets all of the requirements)
- Customer Excellence – Service Delivery (Meets all of the requirements)
- Enabling team success (Meets all of the requirements)
- Experience in a similar environment, Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
How To Apply for Absa Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae through the link below:
Start Application Here.
Deadline: Open until filled.