Job Title: Manager Application Development – ABSA Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ABSA Bank Limited
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
ABSA Bank Limited Profile:
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
The Manager Application Development will be responsible for development, maintenance and upgrading application systems needed to support business needs.
Roles and responsibilities:
Application development (80%)
- Oversee initiatives involving software development in support of business objectives
- Manage compete development cycle of software (after business requirements) from functional specifications, database design, user interface design, API design, report design and up to CIT and SIT
- Work with business users to understand and refine business requirements
- Develop and enforce design patterns and procedures
- Oversee the development and installation of system upgrades and updates
- Manage version control for applications source code
- Carry out training for application support team to ensure smooth handover
- Manage code reviews for all systems
- Optimization of application code
Leadership and People Management (20%)
- Provide technical leadership to developers working on application projects
- Maintain a succession plan for the key roles under application development in line with the Talent Management process, determine the learning working in collaboration with the function management team.
- Approve leave requests for direct reports and ensure they manage the leave planning for their teams effectively.
- Drive the employee engagement of the application development function by analyzing employee engagement survey results, drawing up appropriate plans and following through on execution.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and by coaching the application development team to ensure they conduct the process effectively.
- Put in place processes and tools to effectively evaluate and measure the application development function activities, output and results, ensuring that all poor performance is addressed effectively in line with the Bank’s Performance Accelerator Program.
- Review workforce and recruitment plans for the function allocating resources where required.
- The ideal applicant for the ABSA Bank Manager Application Development job should hold a Bachelor’s Degree: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelor’s Degree: Information Technology
How To Apply for ABSA Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 5th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.