Job Title: Branch Operations Officer – ABSA Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ABSA Bank Limited
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
ABSA Bank Limited Profile:
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
The Branch Operations Officer will coordinate, plan & deliver day-to-day team tasks & activities in order to execute teller transactions accurately & timeously in support of org. policy compliance through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs. Selecting this role has a compensation & benefit impact in Ghana, Kenya. Please contact Reward for details.
Roles and responsibilities:
Supervise a Team of Tellers:
- Accountable for supervising a team of tellers ensuring that throughout each day they balance, control and manage their cash floats mitigating risk to the bank while servicing customers
- Ensure that tellers timeously dispense and receive physical cash, cheques, travellers cheques, drafts and other financial instruments over the counter from walk in customers
- Process and encash cheques presented by customers for deposit or pay-out after checking identification, account details and other prescribed controls.
- Be vigilant for fraudulent or suspicious activities and report all concerns to the team leader or branch manager before processing the transaction or dispensing the cash
- Adherence to policies especially when handling with cheques, notes, ID’s, etc, under the 2 ID Buddy to prevent fraud.
- Refer any transactions in excess of teller mandate limits to a mandated official and / or line manager for authorisation
- Capture all transactions on the Bank system and ensure that all transactions are properly authorised before finalising the processing
- Carefully count all cash received or dispensed to ensure that errors are avoided by making use of the applicable cash counting equipment in your branch
- Reconcile own cash at the beginning and end of each day as well as when cash is restocked during the day.
- Prepare reconciliation reports for audit and management review purposes
- Ensure that journals are processed to recover charges for manual transactions processed for customers
- Ensure adherence to the SARB minimum requirements
- Provide advice to customers on the cash and other transactions processes to ensure the smooth flow of transactions
- Exhaust all attempts to resolve customer enquiries before escalating to other departments or the line manager
- Provide Regular feedback to customers on the progress of their enquiries
- Explain the Bank’s procedures, security requirements (such as ID requirements when transacting) as well as service offerings available to customers
- Report customer complaints on the Bank’s Customer Care process (CCP) to facilitate feedback to improve service to customers
- Guide customers on how to correctly complete transaction documentation such as deposits, withdrawals, cheque requisition slips to ensure accuracy and completeness of these documents
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency when engaging with the customer.
- Ensure friendly, focused customer interaction at all times
- Portray a professional image and ensure that personal appearance conforms to Absa Corporate Image standards
- Ensure adherence to the Corporate Wear policy Maintain a neat and tidy workstation at all times
- Pro-actively arrange your workspace to ensure sufficient stationary is in place prior to the branch opening.
- Regularly read the pricing documents relating to Teller transactions to assist clients with better solutions for their transactions and also benefit at the end of the day
- Adhere to the policy and procedure on the issuing of pins and statements in order to solution the customer at point of contact.
- Ensure migration of clients with CW transactions less than R4000 and CD of less than R8000 to Digital & Self-help channels and provide the necessary assistance.
- Maintain speed and agility at all times when assisting clients in order to minimise shortages and surpluses.
- Market products by giving out booklets or pamphlets to customers drawing large amounts of money and educate them of alternative ways on transacting.
- Educate customers on the use of the Internet Kiosk.
Identifying sales leads:
- Identify and action sales leads (teller prompts) and cross selling opportunities
- Explain the campaign details, during sales campaigns in brief and direct to clients to Sales Consultants for further information
- Effectively use of sales tools (e.g. teller prompts) in order to ensure the provision of leads to contribute to Branch Sales
- Take responsibility of own sales targets and assist daily by providing client solutioning according to their product needs
- Capture all other leads on SMD once agreed by client
- Follow up all leads with Sales Consultants on SMD to make sure clients are contacted
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Open & close the branch safe according to the Bank’s procedures, including physically securing the safe according to required procedures
- Conduct cash counts and visual checks as assigned by the line manager from time to time
- Ensure that all transaction records are kept and / or mailed in accordance with Bank procedures
- Keep transactions records available for control purposes
- Before processing transactions, verify that all information is accurate and complete in accordance with the Bank’s procedure.
- Refer any concerns to the line manager for follow up and decision making on whether to proceed
- Follow cash management procedures and limits as prescribed
- Familiarise with content of all communication, i.e. circulars, bulletins, risk day agenda’s and alerts, etc.
- Adhere to prescribed control measures to prevent fraud, losses and shortages
- Report suspicious transactions as per Money Laundering control frameworks
- Complete and maintain applicable registers (Teller and Key registers)
- Adhere to safety and security procedures and follow prescribed instructions in event of robbery Cubicles, teller drawers and workstations to be kept locked when leaving workstation
- Follow off-line procedures and comply with all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Manage security items i.e. Cash, Teller stamps, Safe keys, combinations and FBSS cards in line with policies and procedures
- Up skill your knowledge regularly with policies and procedures regarding your daily teller duties, cheques, Fraud, Foreign Exchange, this will help you also to prevent fraud
- Ensure up-skilling on fault reporting and testing processes & procedures of Equipment used at teller environment i.e. note & coin counters, TCR Machines, etc.
- Adhere to end of day procedures (ABSA 3368)
- Adhere to Branch Paper mandate when processing and / or authorising transactions, ensure processing within correct limits & mandates
- The ideal candidate for the ABSA Bank Branch Operations Officer job must hold relevant qualifications
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
How To Apply for ABSA Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.