Job Title: Data Engineer – ABSA Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ABSA Bank Limited
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
ABSA Bank Limited Profile:
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for collection, organization, cleaning and presenting of data for consumption by different stakeholders.
Roles and responsibilities:
Data model development (70%)
- Identify relevant data sources for the organisation
- Catalogue existing data sources from all business processes
- Manage data translation processes from the different sources into the warehouse
- Develop strategies to shorten data latency with the goal of getting to near-real time data availability
- Enhance efficiency of data warehousing solutions
- Analyse and correct any data lineage issues
- Manage data indexing for all company data
- Develop APIs to ingest data from external relevant sources
- Remediate issues of missing or wrong data formats
- Derive extra data from existing data to improve data usability
- Provide inputs into product and system design for data housing and accessing
- Design tools for data collection, aggregation and storage
Relationship building (10%)
- Working with IT personnel to extract and or create data sets
- Working with different stakeholders to understand data needs and craft solutions
- Upskilling organizational resources in data approaches
- Ensure data is handled as per information security risk, confidentiality, and data protection practices.
- The ideal candidate for the ABSA Bank Data Engineer job should hold relevant qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree: Information Technology (Required)
How To Apply for ABSA Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 14th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.