Job Title: Products Assistant Liabilities – ABSA Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ABSA Bank Limited
Job Location: Uganda
ABSA Bank Limited Profile:
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
To provide specialist actuarial advice and support in the development of new products to improve market exposure and growth, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed (SOPs).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role holder will have principal responsibility for zero tolerance to any form of income leakage by ensuring no debits on income GLs, branch collection of manual fees and that the system is charging as per tariff guide.
- Attend to all branch customer queries in accordance to the Absa way by timely providing feedback and appropriate solutions.
- Monitor and provide feedback to centre on local competitor product activity, including pricing
- Undertake product legal and regulatory assessment as required
- Research and propose suggestions on how best the business can optimally utilise the MIS from a product development and pricing perspective.
- Provide and analyse product income data for Local and Centre management information
- Co-ordinate production of a uniform Tariff for Retail customers, which is easily understood by customers and staff and easy to administer.
- Co-ordinate any system changes including product parametization in accordance with policies and procedures governing product system implementation.
- Perform any other duties from time to time as may be assigned by your line manager.
Manage the product communication process to the sales team to avoid product mis -sells
- Manage the process for interest rate changes in line with Central guidelines and governance
- Monitor adherence to all sorts of product approvals needed to launch a given product, rectifying errors where identified.
- Work with Retail Sales teams to ensure appropriate product sales processes are in place
- Provide business input for implementation of new products by:
- Engaging relevant stakeholders
- Building a business case
- Managing the development process where required
- Completing all local product testing
- Building a detailed local implementation plan
- Closely monitoring local implementation
- Give necessary notices to local government/regulators and public of product and price changes
- Liaise with Local Operations Centres, regularly reviewing all operational standards for product profitability, and identifying skills gaps.
- Review and feedback into customer satisfaction surveys, responding to customer product complaints.
- Liaise with People Development and Sales Management functions to design and deliver appropriate training, and give input into sales strategies.
Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Business functions as well as Marketing & Customer Experience.
- Business Focus
- Meeting customer needs
- Business awareness
- Personal results
- Team results
- Analytical – system wise
- People Focus
- Involving people
- Managing relationships
- Influencing others
- Effective Communications
- Personal Focus
- Personal organisation
- Self confidence
- Self development
- Quality conscious
- Analytical Focus
- Forward planning
- Analysis and judgement
Mandatory Risk and Control objective
. “Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
Minimum Qualifications for ABSA Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
- Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
How To Apply for ABSA Bank Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.