Job Title: Education Caseworker – AAR Japan Jobs 2021
Organization: Association for Aid and Relief Japan (AAR Japan)
Duty Station: Uganda
Association for Aid and Relief Japan (AAR Japan) Profile:
Association for Aid and Relief Japan (AAR Japan) was founded in 1979 with a mission to help refugees from Indochina, and as a civil organization without any political, religious, or ideological affiliations. It has since then grown into an international NGO approved and registered by the United Nations. AAR Japan has five main pillars of activities; 1) emergency assistance, 2) assistance to persons with disabilities, 3) landmine and unexploded ordnance (UXO) action, 4) action against infectious diseases and 5) public awareness raising about global issues in Japan.
The Education Caseworker (EC) will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Education Caseworker(SEC) (Programme coordinator will supervise SEC.). EC is responsible to manage and accomplish assigned school social work activities from planning, procurement, mobilization, budget and asset control, implementation and reporting, and other assignments relevant to the project. The person will be based in Hoima office, and providing case management to children at risk of dropping out of school in Kyangwali refugee settlement. The person may occasionally have business trips to Kampala.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identifies problem areas that affect a student’s drop-out, attendance to the school through assessment and works with the student, parents, teachers and communities to overcome their challenges.
- Develop an individual intervention plan to support children at risk of dropping out of school.
- Performs casework service with parents as an integral part of the task of helping students: to increase the parents’ understanding, their constructive participation in resolving their child’s problems, and their knowledge and use of appropriate resources available.
- Make the referral of families and students to other professionals in the settlement/district.
- Conduct a regular follow-up and monitoring through home visits.
- Coordination with schools and communities.
- Maintains appropriate case records and files.
- Perform any other duties if requested by supervisors.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Education, Social works, Counselling, Psychology etc.).
- At least three years of experience in community development, implementing case work with an INGO
- Three years of experience in emergency relief activities in humanitarian organizations (past experience working with refugee communities, especially with Congolese refugee a plus).
- Experience in implementing projects related to education, child protection, especially in emergency
- Experience in facilitating community meeting
- Ugandan citizen, residing in Uganda and able to station in Hoima/Kikuube
- Excellent PC literacy including word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheets (MS Excel)
- Strong coordination and negotiation skills with stakeholders and problem-solving skills
- Excellent at working as a part of the team, especially reporting to supervisor in a timely manner
- High integrity, self-driven, able to work under challenging circumstances, and able to complete assignments with tight deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Solid drafting/reporting skills
- Culturally sensitive and high level of diplomacy
- Respect punctuality
- Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Swahihi, French or other local languages widely spoken among DRC refugees is an advantage.
How To Apply for AAR Japan Jobs 2021
All interested individuals should submit their application to [email protected]. No paper application will be accepted.
- The Subject Name for the email shall be: “*Education Caseworker*_Your Full Name”**
- Cover Letter (Shall not exceed one A4 page)
- The title of the attachment shall be: “*Cover Letter_* Education Caseworker_*Your Full Name*”**
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- The title of the attachment shall be: “*CV* Education Caseworker Your Full Name”**
- Copy of academic and work certificates
Note: Only shortlisted candidate shall be notified individually for further selection stage.
Closing Date: 4th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.