40 Research Assistants – Makerere University School of Public Health
September 24, 2022
Job Title: 40 Research Assistants
Organization: Makerere University, School of Public Health
Duty Station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities
• Attend all interviewer training and pretesting sessions.
• Screen the selected participants and obtain written informed consent
• Perform field data collection and management activities including transcribing the interview audios.
• Ensure safe custody of both manual and digital data collected and follow all quality checks provided
• Provide the study team with daily updates on data collection and participate in the development of daily field reports
• Pre-test data collection guides, forms and devices for data collection
• Ensuring consistency of participant identification numbers (PIDs) for all data and labels
• Perform any other duties relevant to this position as may be assigned from time to time through the field supervisor
• Adhere to COVID19 infection prevention and control measures as articulated in the study’s COVID19 risk mitigation plan and as guided by Ministry of Health.
• Ability to fluently speak and read any of the local languages: Luganda, Runyakole-rukiiga, Runyoro, Lumasaba, Lusoga, Alur, Acholi and Pokot.
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree or diploma, from a recognized higher institution of learning.
- Worked in at least one research health study/project as a research assistant within the past 3 years.
- Applicants should have demonstrated experience with qualitative data collection techniques such as individual interviews and focus group discussions.
- Experience collecting qualitative data among key populations and adolescents
- Experience transcribing qualitative interviews; from local languages to English
- Possession of a Certificate in Good Clinical Practice or/and Human Subjects Protection is an added advantage.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Willingness to work in the fast-paced and occasionally demanding environment
- Ability to fluently speak any of the above-listed local languages
Interested persons should send their application and updated curriculum vitae (CV) to the link below stating two referees and their contacts.
Applications should be addressed to The Dean, Makerere University School of Public Health
Research Assistant application link: https://forms.gle/xRnCuzGWLA1VdnKd8
Closing Date: 26th September 2022, 5.00 pm.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.