3 Assistant Data Officers – Jinja Regional Referral Hospital
September 8, 2022
Job Title: 3 Assistant Data Officers
Organization: Jinja Regional Referral Hospital
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Jinja Regional Referral Hospital Profile:
Jinja Regional Referral Hospital, commonly known as Jinja Hospital, is a hospital in the city of Jinja, in the Eastern Region of Uganda. It is the largest hospital in eastern Uganda, with a bed capacity of 600, although many more patients are admitted, with many sleeping on the floor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the facility records officers and Data Officers to quantify the HMIS and non-HMIS tools needed to ensure sustained data collection at the health facility.
• Work closely with the facility records and data officers to mentor and coach other health workers on appropriate use of HMIS data collection tools for data capture.
• Work with Data Officers to ensure proper filing and file retrieval during patient care and updated patient records in Uganda EMR (Open MRS).
• To ensure that HIV care data captured on patient forms during patient visits is transcribed to pre-ART and ART registers and updated in the Uganda EMR (Open MRS) on time.
• Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly data not reported in DHIS2 and submit it to the Data and records Officers on time.
• Ensure that accuracy and confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained at all times in proper filling and archival systems.
• Ensure that the entered data are backed up regularly and the data are well protected.
• Perform basic data analysis on data from HMIS data to inform teams on the progress of interventions at the supported facility
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
• Diploma in Statistics (Statistical Computing Option), Computer Science, Medical records, Information Technology or any other related field from a reputable institute.
• At least one years’ experience in data management or demonstrated relevant experience acquired through internship placement.
• Should have computer skills, Knowledge of HMIS tools,
• Skills in DHIS 2,EMR,
• Knowledge of USAID reporting will be an added advantage
Applications should be filled in triplicate on PS Form 3 (Revised 2008) and attach Curriculum Vitae, a copy of the national identity card, photocopies of certificates and testimonials of the academic credentials, and contact information for 3 professional references to;
The Hospital Director
Jinja Regional Referral Hospital
P. O Box 43 Jinja,
PS form 3 can be downloaded from here PUBLIC SERVICE FORM 3 (PS FORM 3)
NOTE: All staff recruited under this project will be given employment contracts by the hospital. These are full time jobs, so people already holding full-time Jobs should not apply and salaries will be based on Government scales.
Where applicable, applicants must be registered with the relevant council and have a valid practicing license
Closing Date: Wednesday 14th September 2022 at 5pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.